Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1


Sunday, June 14, 2009

Eli's Coming...

In a few short months, our lives will forever be changed. In a few short months, we will begin the biggest adventure of our lives. In a few short months, our prayers will be answered.
Eli Russell Crump will be making his debut sometime in mid to late September. As some of you may know, a biological child was something the world told us we might not ever know. But a child is not this world's business. Its God's business. The sonogram picture that you see here is in a frame on our coffee table. On the frame is the definition of faith. Faith is defined as "belief that is not based on proof." This little picture is a constant reminder that miracles are out of our control and are a gift.
We cannot wait to meet our precious gift and we invite you to join us as we prepare our home and our lives for the arrival of our sweet little boy. It is my hope that this blog will allow us to share pictures and stories for those of you close to home and far away.
P.S. Click the "Eli's Coming: Three Dog Night" link in the top right hand corner. I have this song stuck in my head and find myself singing it constantly. My mom, who will be referred to as "Honey" from this point on has it as the ringtone on her cellphone.
Eli's coming...you better hide your heart.
He's already stolen mine.



13 comments:

  1. I LOVE ELI!!! He's the lucky one to have the two of you as parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have faith in God...Whatever things you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them." Mark 11:22,24

    Alie and Forest I am sooooo excited for our new little BOY! He will be here before we know it! Love, HONEY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first post made me cry! We LOVED IT and the song made me cry more and Doug laugh out loud smiling!! It is so prefect for this little man. We can't wait to see Forest as a Daddy and you as a Mommy! Eli is BEAUTIFUL!

    Love you three!!

    Susan and Doug 'aka Great Susan and Great Doug'

    ReplyDelete
  4. OhMyGosh!! I'm soooo excited that you have a baby-blog! This is going to be so much fun! I loved this first post and the photo of baby Eili (I LOVE the name btw!)
    Congratulations to you and Forest! We are truly overjoyed for the both of you!
    All our love,
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got home and read the blog. I'm still crying. It is wonderful! And I can hardly wait! Eli's coming straight to my heart! I can't wait to kiss him, and kiss him,and kiss him, and kiss him, and kiss him.
    Love, Paboo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's going to be one handsome damn baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited that you started a blog! I love your first post and your page looks great. I can't wait to meet Baby Eli and have a playmate for Stella and Baby #2! I love you both! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allie and Forrest, I cannot wait to meet the little man. I can't think of two more wonderful people to be blessed with this miracle. I have been thrilled for you ever since I heard the news a few months ago, and watching Allie's glow every day is just a beautiful thing. And Izzie is going to be a wonderful big sister to baby Eli.
    Love,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful post. I am so happy for you and Forest. Eli is so lucky to have such great parents. Joanna can't wait to meet Eli. Maybe they can be crib buddies at school!!
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Izzie is beautiful! And Yes her life is really going to change too! But only for the better! Love your blog!!

    I love seeing Mamaw's coffee table in your home!

    Love,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so thrilled to be having another little "Forest" to love on-- I just found your Blog and so glad you have set one up--
    I feel Dad "Bob" and Granddaddy both looked and looked long and hard to find just the right little "Eli" to send to you---and ALL of us to LOVE and spoil--I'm anixous to hold him in my arms..... Love you all, Great-Granny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aunt Janice sent me your blog. She is so happy, and I know Patti must be ecstatic. That little Eli will be a much loved child. I'm so happy that Janice is now so close to her children, grandchildren, and great grand children. I also think it's wonderful that all of the little cousins will grow up around the same age. Faye Wall McKee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope tomorrow is the day we all get to meet Eli. I can hardly wait. " Thank you LORD for a safe delivery and a beautiful healthy baby and for all the gifts you have given Eli, may he grow to love you Lord and be a bright shining star who lives for You!" Amen Ilove you Eli and can't wait to kiss your sweet face.
    Jeremiah 29:11 Love,Honey

    ReplyDelete