Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1


Friday, June 26, 2009

The Crump Bump

Very early in my pregnancy, before there was even a hint of a bump, I checked out any and every maternity clothing store and website I could find. I remember going into the dressing room at Destination Maternity with my sister, Sarah. The stores offer fake bellies that you can velcro around your waist while trying things on to get an idea of how the clothes would look and to make sure they would fit later. We laughed out loud and couldn't believe that I would ever look like that! I was so delighted at what I saw in the mirror and couldn't wait for it to be a real belly. My real belly.

Well, here we are. Real belly in all its glory. Some days it appears and/or feels bigger than others and we still have lots of growing left to do. Every day when I get home from work, Forest comments on how he thinks its gotten bigger from the day before. I know his "Wow! You're HUGE!" comes from such a sweet and innocent place and its always followed with another comment about how beautiful I look, but some days I could just smack him. Ha Ha. To tell you the truth, I completely agree with him. Our sweet little Eli is growing and growing and growing and I wouldn't want it any other way.



8 comments:

  1. Allison- You look GORGEOUS!!!! OMG, you are glowing like a firefly! Love the pictures and love seeing the 'Crump Bump!' (And I'm just sayin'... go ahead and smack Forest whenever you feel like it!! I sooooo wanted to smack him when he was about three!! Thank God he grew out of that stage!)
    love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have never looked more beautiful! And I mean it!!!!!!!!! You are going to have one big healthy boy!

    Love you three (four including Izzy)

    Great Aunt Susan and Great Uncle Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I both know Forest has not outgrown it. Some thing are just not his forte. You look Beautiful!!!! Baby Eli in all his glory! What a lucky little boy he is. I am already in love with Eli. And I so love you.
    PaBoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joanie and Patti,

    Y'all leave Forest alone! He is a sweetheart!!!


    Love,

    Forest's favorite aunt,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him! Allison, you look great and my cousin will be a wonderful Daddy, I am sure!
    Love y'all!
    Liz Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allie, I love your "Crump Bump"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Allison! I wanted to thank you for your very sweet comment on my bd/our anniversary! We loved reading it! Thank you.

    You have us all hooked now with your blog, and almost everyday I come here to see new baby bump photos (hint,hint!)..... waiting not-so-patiently!!
    xoxox, j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look more beautiful every time I've seen you. The nursery is fantastic and your little captain will love it. I love that Forrest is passing on his teddy bear...that is a big tradition in our family too. We still have my dad's and he is going to be 66 years old! I wish you the best of luck and blessings. I can't wait for the updates.

    xoxo, Erica

    ReplyDelete