Faith

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Captain's Quarters

With 25 days to spare, it is finished. Our little captain's room is finally complete and ready for him to come aboard. We are really happy with the end result and wanted to share with you.
The changing table is a dresser I found at an estate sale. Its not anything fabulous, but was the perfect height for diaper duty. The drawers are filled with precious little outfits, diapers, and other necessities that can be hidden out of sight. The mirror reminded me of a porthole...perfect for our nautical theme. This is Forest's teddy bear from when he was a little boy. He can't wait to meet Eli.


This is one of the two shelves Forest built. I absolutely love them. They are made from sunken cypress and rope. They are exactly how I envisioned them. I love love love my hubby!


4 comments:

  1. Eli's nursery is wonderful! I've seen it in progress, but all the finishing touches are perfect!! It is getting harder and harder to "wait" everyday for Eli. I just can't wait to kiss him all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome room. I can't wait to see him in his little sailor suits.

    Forest, not Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE hubby too! What a wonderful room for our baby Eli! All I do is think about you!!!!!!!!

    TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!

    WE LOVE YOU,
    GREAT SUSAN and GREAT DOUG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison & Forest-
    The room is absolutely adorable!! You did a great job with the design and Forest did a wonderful job on the shelves! Can't wait for baby Eli to get here!
    Love you both!
    j.

    ReplyDelete